At Freddie Med, we take your privacy very seriously. Please read this privacy notice (“Notice”) carefully as it contains important information about how your personal information will be used in connection with the Freddie Med website (“Website”).
1. About us
This Website (http://www.freddiemed.com/) is used by Freddie Med Limited to provide information about its services to visitors to the Website and provide prospective clients with the opportunity to view a demonstration version of our platform.
For the purposes of data protection legislation, Freddie Med Ltd is the data controller responsible for, and in control of the processing of your personal data.
If you would like to contact us in relation to this Notice please use our contact details under the header Contact Us below.
2. What personal information do we collect, and where do we obtain it from?
We collect the following information about you if you register with us or get in contact with us through our Website:
- your name;
- your email address;
- your business address;
- your phone number;
- other business contact information; and
- details about your professional medical practice.
We may also collect other information that you provide to us through using our Website.
3. How do we obtain personal information about you?
We may also gather and generate information about you when you provide it to us or interact with us directly. For example, when you provide us with your details to access a demo version of our services or when you get in contact with us.
4. How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing our Website to you;
- notifying you of any changes to the Website or to our products or services that may affect you;
- responding to any questions you may have;
- administration of your account when you request a demonstration version of our service;
- personalising our services to you;
- marketing – see the section under the heading Marketing below;
- security, fraud prevention and detection;
- improving our products and services; and
- complying with our legal obligations.
5. On what basis do we use your personal information?
- For legitimate business purposes: Using your personal information helps us to operate and improve our services and minimise any disruption to the services that we may offer to you and how we communicate with you. It also allows us to make our communications with you more relevant and personalised to you, and to make your experience of our products and services an efficient and effective.
- To comply with our legal obligations and other demands for information: Compliance with laws, regulations, rules, codes and guidance is important to us, and we would want to be able to comply with these, as well as the other requests or demands for data as set out here. They affect the way in which we run our business, and they help us to make our product and services as safe as we can. Where we use your personal information for this purpose, please be assured that where possible we will take measures to protect your personal information.
- Your consent: At times we may need to get your consent to allow us to use your personal information for one or more of the purposes set out above. You have various rights where we are processing your information on the basis of your consent. For example, if you don’t want to be on one of our mailing lists, you can choose to opt out at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of our marketing communications we send you by email. If you have an account with us, you can also opt out by updating your preferences.
6. We sometimes share your personal information
We may share your personal information with any of the following:
- our agents;
- our suppliers and partners;
- our professional advisors and auditors;
- regulators, governments and law enforcement authorities;
- courts, tribunals, arbitrators or other judicial committees; and
- other third parties in connection with our selling, merging, buying, or reorganising all or any part of our business, or carrying out any similar change of our business (including any potential or actual purchaser of that business or that purchaser’s advisors).
7. Transfers outside your home country
We may transfer your personal information outside of your home country. The countries to which your personal information is transferred may not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to the laws of your home country. These countries may include countries within or outside the European Economic Area.
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. These measures include data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses.
8. Websites that we do not own or control
From time to time we may provide links to websites or mobile applications that we do not own or control. This Notice does not apply to those websites. If you choose to use those websites, please make sure that you check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website or mobile application you access to understand their privacy practices.
9. How long will we keep your personal information?
As a general rule, we keep your personal information for as long as required (a) to comply with law; (b) in connection with legal action or an investigation involving us; or (c) to provide you with information, access to the Website, or our products and our services.
10. How secure is your personal information?
We use a variety of security controls and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Our suppliers are carefully selected and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your information. Unfortunately, the transmission to us of information via the internet or a mobile phone network connection may not be completely secure; any transmission is at your own risk.
11. Managing your Website account information
Where you have registered with us for access to our demo through the Website, you can manage certain personal information held by us by getting in touch with us directly at email@example.com.
12. Exercise your rights under this Notice
You have the right (subject to some exceptions):
- to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time, where we process your personal information based on having your consent;
- to ask us about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information held by us;
- to request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information, or restrict or object to the processing of your personal information; and
- to request to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights about your personal data that we hold, please use our contact details set out under the header Contact Us below.
13. What if you do not want to provide us with your personal information?
Where you are given the option to share your personal information with us, you can always choose not to do so.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, you object to our processing of your personal information, or you choose to withdraw any consent that you may have provided to processing, we will respect such requests in accordance with our legal obligations. This may mean, however, that we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out in this Notice. It may also mean that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us.
We may be required or entitled to retain your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and to protect and exercise our legal rights and interests.
Where you have given your consent, Freddie Med may store your business contact details for direct marketing purposes and we may contact you about our respective products or services that may be of interest to you or your employer. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from Freddie Med, you can opt out at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of the relevant promotional emails or by managing your email preferences via your accounts settings when you access the demo version of our service.
15. Opt Out of Online Behavioural Advertising
When a Freddie Med online behavioural advertisement is delivered to you, you will see an “Ad Choices” icon. Clicking on the icon or link will take you to a website where you can manage or opt out of the use of data about your browsing history that is used for the delivery of online behavioural advertising. On your mobile device, you may also have a “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (in iOS devices) or a setting to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android), which allows you to limit the use of information about your use of apps for purposes of serving ads targeted to your interests.
If you opt out, you may still see advertisements online, including advertisements from Freddie Med that are based on other information (e.g., based on the content of the page being viewed rather than your prior web-browsing activity). In some cases, data may still be collected about your browsing activity by these third-party advertisers, but they will not use this data to deliver advertisements that are based on your past online browsing behaviour.
To learn more about the choices that advertisers provide generally for individuals to influence how information about their online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services is collected and used, visit the Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance at http://youronlinechoices.eu/.
17. How to complain
If you have a complaint about the way we handle your personal data, please use our contact details set out under the header Contact Us below. In addition, should you find it necessary, you have a right to raise a concern with the information regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/.
18. Contact us
If you have query about this Notice, your personal data that we hold, or this Website please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.